The NKRA is grateful for the support provided in the 4th Street park by our park sponsors RUSSELL FISHER PROPERTIES and VISION TACTICAL SECURITY.
MINUTES FOR THE MEETING OF THE 20th AUGUST 2014
MINUTES FOR THE MONTHLY PUBLIC MEETING OF THE
NEW KILLARNEY-RIVIERA ASSOCIATION
HELD AT THE MALL MANAGEMENT OFFICES (1ST FLOOR OFFICE TOWER)
ON WEDNESDAY 20 AUGUST 2014
PRESENT: Charles Whyte (Chairman); Ruth Kuper; Jill Bronner; Kayte Denham; Councillor M Ravid; Captain Moonsamy (SAPS); Laurence Sachs; Raphael Ndlovu; Peter Marynowski; Mary C; Deon Pelser; Paul Denham; Rose Magabane.
The vice-chair (Charles) welcomed everyone to the meeting.
Wayne Ford; Mike Kalk; Dean Dada; Keith Edmeades; Karuna Mohan; David Kramer.
3. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
The Minutes of the previous meeting were taken as read, and were approved.
4. SECURITY FEEDBACK / SECTOR CRIME FORUM
• Captain Moonsamy presented the detailed crime statistics since the last meeting. The crimes included: 1 hi-jacking, 4 thefts out of vehicles, 4 thefts of vehicles, 2 attempted car thefts, 5 shop lifting cases, 1 fraud case in the shopping centre, and some protest problems at Woolworths about the sale of Israeli goods. Once again, it is clear that theft of vehicles and theft out of vehicles remain our most serious crime issues.
• With the festive season approaching the number of crime cases usually increases. We all therefore need to be even more vigilant than usual.
5. TRAFFIC ISSUES
• Main Road is being resurfaced.
• Eastwold Way (western continuation of Riviera Road) – it looks like the JRA are building speed humps and are doing re-surfacing and re-painting.
6. ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES
• Enigma Cleaning is working satisfactorily on the street-sweeping project. The scope of the project needs to be expanded, but finance is an issue. Vered Estates have committed to sponsoring the cost of continuing this project with just the one sweeper.
• Jacaranda trees are apparently now permitted again by City Parks. We will need to get written confirmation of this from City Parks.
• The Martindale Mews front garden has been completely removed. It is rumoured that the owner intends to create parking there, which will be a traffic hazard into busy Riviera Road. However they may simply be upgrading the look of the building.
• Squatters have been removed from the corner of Riviera Road and Oxford Road. Charles reported that Vusi is back. He will monitor the situation.
• City Parks have finally authorised the Spring Day Event on 28 September. Kayte informed the meeting of the progress she has made with arrangements.
• Kayte will be producing a special quarterly newsletter to raise funds for the NKRA, by providing opportunities to advertise at a fee. Please contact Kayte if you are interested to advertise here.
• The blue plaque at Daventry Court will be unveiled on 28 September. Details are still to be worked out by the trustees.
• There will be a power cut on 27 August from 23H00 to 04h00 on 28th August, for maintenance purposes.
7. FINANCE AND MEMBERSHIP
There were no major expenses or incomes this month. Laurence will report more fully at the next meeting.
Nothing more to report.
The meeting was closed at 17H50 with thanks to all who attended, and to the Killarney Mall for the use of their boardroom.
Our next meeting will be held on
WEDNESDAY 17 SEPTEMBER 2014 AT 17H00
PLEASE PASS ON THESE MINUTES TO OTHER RESIDENTS IN YOUR BUILDINGS