The NKRA is grateful for the support provided in the 4th Street park by our park sponsors PAM GOLDING PROPERTIES and VISION TACTICAL SECURITY.
The following information is provided to assist those who may be eligible in seeking a rates rebate from the City:
1. Subject to compliance with all the criteria listed below, all persons in Johannesburg over the age of 60 and who earn less than R7000 per month, can get a 100% rebate on your municipal rates. If you are over 70 you can now get a 100% rebate on your municipal rates regardless of how much you earn.
2. The municipal value of the property as at 1st July, 2013 must not exceed R2 million. The value of the property will be reflected on the rates account of the City of Johannesburg for the month of July, 2013 and subsequent months.
3. The applicant for the rebate must be the owner of the property. If the property is in joint ownership, at least one of the owners must be over the threshold age.
4. The applicant must live on the property
5. Complete the application form and have it signed by a commissioner of oaths.
6. Make a duplicate copy of the form to keep.
7. Take the form together with an ID document to the nearest City of Johannesburg Customer Centre.
8. Request the Customer Consultant to sign a receipt for the original on the duplicate copy, date it and stamp it with the official rubber stamp. Request the consultant to print his or her name in capital letters next to his or her signature. Keep the duplicate in a safe place.
9. The Customer Consultant must accept the form, scan it and dispatch a Service Request to the Rates Department, and place the form in a “Rebate Application” box for collection by/delivery to the Rates Department.
10. Allow at least one billing cycle to elapse before the application is processed. This means that an application submitted in October 2013, will not reflect on the rates account until December 2013. The rebate will not be backdated, it will take effect from the time of processing.